Download the full CV (PDF, 94 KB)
April 2012 — February 2016
PhD in Computing (HCI, Music Computing)
supervisors: Dr Robin Laney, Mr Chris Dobbyn
December 2006 — June 2010
Laurea Magistrale (MSc) in Computer Science and Engineering
Thesis title: A practical approach to music theory on the Reactable
advisor: Prof. Giovanni De Poli
October 2008 — March 2009
Erasmus, thesis research and development work on the Reactable
supervisor: Dr. Sergi Jordà
October 2002 — December 2006
Laurea (BSc) in Computer Science and Engineering
Thesis title: Schematizzazione di uno scheduler ciclico statico per applicazioni embedded in ambiente Windows CE
advisor: Dr Michele Moro
January 2016 — present
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Research and development for Isaac Physics.
- Research: analysis of impact based on DfE exam results and development of strategies to improve impact and engagement; learning outcome of different question formats
- Development: a graphical, web-based entry system for symbolic formulas
- Other: maintenance and infrastructure development
November 2016 — present
Post Doctoral Research Associate
University of Cambridge, UK
Teaching Supervisor for the Computer Science tripos (see teaching experience).
2006 — present
Freelance developer (iOS, web)
- Web sites, mostly for clients in the classical music industry
- iOS applications, mostly small- to mid-sized applications ranging from exhibition guides to citizen engagement, from interactive books to casual games
Some technologies: Drupal, CakePHP, Ruby on Rails, iOS SDK
October 2016 — present
Teaching Supervisor for Robinson College, University of Cambridge, UK
October 2011 — November 2011
Full-time teacher at Istituto di Istruzione Superiore di Lonigo
Course: A035, Electrical Engineering and Applications
October 2002 — June 2010
Private tutor for high school and university students
Courses: Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering
- A. Franceschini, R. Laney, C. Dobbyn (2016) Sketching music: making music through exploring art. In Proceedings of Sempre: Music, Education, Technology (MET2016), London, UK.
- A. Franceschini, R. Laney, C. Dobbyn (2014) Learning Musical Contour on a Tabletop. In Proceedings of the 40th International Computer Music Conference and 11th Sound and Music Computing Conference (ICMC-SMC), Athens, Greece.
- A. Franceschini (2010) Towards a practical approach to music theory on the Reactable. In Proceedings of the 7th Sound and Music Computing Conference (SMC), Barcelona, Spain.
- A. Franceschini, R. Laney, C. Dobbyn (2014) Sketching Music. ICMC-SMC, Athens, Greece.
- A. Franceschini, R. Laney, C. Dobbyn (2013) A study of contour in music using digital tabletop musical instruments. DMRN+8, London, UK.
- Technologies and practices to “uncomplicate” music. CSMC, September 2017, The Open University, UK.
- Qualitative Data Analysis. Workshop, ESSD-HCI seminar series, March 2015, The Open University, UK.
- Music lessons on a tabletop. Invited seminar, 26 September 2014, Experimental Music Lab, Università di Trento, Italy.
- Musical Creativity & HCI. CSMC, September 2017, The Open University, UK.
- A. Franceschini (2011) Estendere Drupal: scrivere moduli personalizzati. In Linux&C, 75. Piscopo Editore.
- A. Franceschini (2011) Creare temi e pagine personalizzate per Drupal. In Linux&C, 74. Piscopo Editore.
- A. Franceschini (2011) Drupal: web content manager potente e flessibile. In Linux&C, 73. Piscopo Editore.
- A. Franceschini (2009) Inkscape: impariamo a dominare tracciati e colori. In Linux&C, 67. Piscopo Editore.
- A. Franceschini (2008) Inkscape: fare grafica vettoriale con Linux. In Linux&C, 65. Piscopo Editore.